Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)/HARA – Lapeer, Sanilac, Huron & Tuscola Counties
ESG is a housing services program through the Michigan State Housing Development Authority and can assist homeless and those at risk of becoming homeless; assisting families with rental costs, eviction notices and/or utility shut-off notices. The program is available in Huron, Lapeer, Sanilac and Tuscola Counties.
If you are in need of housing assistance and would like to speak to a case manager, please contact the appropriate agency to schedule an appointment. Once you have scheduled an appointment, please bring the following documents to your meeting:
- Photo I.D.
- Proof of income
- Social security cards of family members
- Birth certificates for all dependent children
- Rental Payment receipts (if applicable)
- Copies of landlord agreements (if applicable)
- Eviction or Shut-Off notice (if applicable)
- Case Manager may require additional items depending on your situation.
If you are unable to locate the documentation needed, the Case Manager may be able to assist you in requesting a new copy; however, this will likely delay any assistance that might be provided.