About the Training
Join the IL Conversation, Getting it Right: Inclusive Disaster Strategies on March 10, 2016 at 3:00PM Eastern with Shari Myers, Chief Operating Officer, Portlight and Paul Timmons, Disability Integration Coordinator, American Red Cross to discuss ways your center can address inclusive disaster strategies for your community.
- Learn how to engage with Red Cross, local emergency management agencies, and other important community partners, to ensure inclusion in disaster planning.
- Learn how to identify opportunities to work together for the mutual benefit of all partners, i.e., emergency preparedness education and training, including how to foster participation of people with disabilities in drills and exercises, and training for emergency management on disability culture, the IL movement, and developing disability competency within their profession.
- Understand the importance of encouraging people with disabilities to volunteer, particularly with Red Cross. In addition, how to help volunteer agencies create an environment which welcomes us, and recognizes our value as subject matter experts.
- Discuss ways in which your center can or does promote disaster awareness, or otherwise provide specific education or training on emergency preparedness.
- Identify what other resources or partnerships you currently have for inclusive planning and emergency preparedness education.
Handouts, Recording, and Transcript
To access the print materials on March 10th, and the audio recording and transcript following the teleconference, log on to http://www.april-rural.org
To access the CART for this presentation and all future APRIL events visithttps://www.streamtext.net/player?event=APRIL
on the day of the presentation.
Please evaluate this teleconference at http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1962518/IL-Conversation-Evaluation
There is NO Registration Fee for this Teleconference. This is not a toll free call and your regular long distance charges will apply. Please call from a quiet location to join the discussion, or just listen in.
For more information contact Mary Olson, APRIL Director of Training and Technical Assistance at email@example.com
IL Conversations originated with the University of Arkansas, CURRENTS.